IPI PRODUCT SPECIFICATION
- Chemical formula: NaN3
- CAS no: 26628-22-8
- UN no: 1648
- Military Specification: MIL-S-20552
- Variations: Material can be supplied with or without Silica.
- Description: Sodium Azide is a water-soluble, toxic, inorganic compound.
- Uses: Sodium Azide is used as a component in automotive airbag systems; as a component in the manufacturing of other azide compounds; as a biocide in hospitals to inhibit bacterial growth; and as a pest control component.
- Synonyms: Azium, Sodium trinitride, Smite
IPI Specification No: 10285
|Purity (Prior to adding of Silica)||%||99.5|
|Purity (with Silica)||%||99.0||0.05|
|Insoluble in Water (with Silica)||%||0.2||.07|
|Moisture (with Silica)||%||0.20|
|Chloride Content (as NaCl)||%||0.05|
|Nitrate Content (as NaNO3)||%||0.05|
|Sulphate Content (as Na2SO4)||%||0.05|
|Heavy Metals (as Cu.Pb.Hg.Cd)||ppm||25|
|Particle Size Distribution||According to customer’s requirements|
Island Pyrochemical Industries provides this product specification sheet solely for informational purposes, and reserves the right to change product specifications without prior notification.